After a long semester of my third year in college, I decided to treat myself this morning now that it is OFFICIALLY summa summa summa time!
I made these vegan protein balls. It only took about 15 minutes to make and they are great for the breakfast or just a snack to fulfill a sweet tooth.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Natural Jif because…Choosy Mothers Choose Jif)
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon of chia seeds or flax seeds
1/3 cup of chopped dark chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon of organic cane sugar
1 cup of hot water
A hand full of coconut chips
- You will need a large bowl to combine the oats, cinnamon, protein powder, and chia seeds
- Then add the peanut butter
- I used a spoon to coat the peanut butter with the dry ingredients until majority of it was covered
- Add the chopped dark chocolate
- This was the hardest part for me because I only had a dark chocolate bar so I melted it down a bit to make it easier
- Add the hot water in small pours until the mixture is sticky
- I used boiling water that was left over from my tea
- Mix all ingredients together
- I used a large spoon to scoop everything together then rolled it in my hands! Messy but fun!
- Add a few pieces of coconut chips to the top of the ball
- Refrigerate for an hour
- BUT if you are like me, you’ll eat at least one before letting them sit for an hour.
Having a hard time finding any of these ingredients? Here is where I bought all my items.
Rolled Oats – Fresh Thyme or Whole Foods
Organic Cane Sugar – Aldi
Vegan Protein Powder – Fresh Thyme or Whole Foods
Peanut Butter – Meijer or your local grocery store
Chia Seeds or Flax Seeds – Trader Joe’s or Aldi
Dark Chocolate – Trader Joe’s or at a local grocery store in the candy aisle
Coconut Chips – Trader Joe’s